Monday, January 25, 2010

The cats, the cat poop, the termite poop...

IMG_5480


CALGON take me away!! Remember those commercials? Did anyone know that they still make that stuff? It's not just bubble bath anymore either. http://takemeaway.com/ (yes i laughed, too. really hoping I haven't offended any calgon enthusiasts) My bad. Mr. Bubble is where it's at!

The cats? Our neighbor has two or three, but probably feeds any stray that wanders into their yard. The cat poop? Cats eat, cats poop...all over our yard, or in the neighbor's alley on the west side of our property. Why would kitty want to crap in an alleyway? Because it's covered with roof gravel giving it the appearance of the biggest litter box (think 3' by 75') in the neighborhood. HOORAY! The termite poop? Termites munch on our home, termites poop. Good thing it doesn't stick to your shoes and it doesn't smell. Nevertheless, I hope the fumigator took care of business.

I just look at all the work being done and the work needed to be done and I just want to scream. We should have been a little more thorough with our inspections. Okay I'm over it now. It's definitely quite the project and I can't wait to get my hands dirty once again. I can patch, prime and paint; do some simple plumbing; and generally will stay away from the electrical unless Pops is with me and he's handling the wires. Just as soon as this pit is water tight, we may just be tearing out some sheetrock, hanging and mounting some light fixtures, replacing some bathroom fans...good gawd! One thing at a time. That's what I keep telling the wife.

IMG_5478

...then there's the ugly cherry tree pushing up the concrete, the old wood guttter, the cracked waste pipe... No we're not overwhelmed, more like broke, but not overwhelmed. We are thankful to have a roof over our heads with not too many holes and, we live on a quiet street with neighbors that have a lot of tools. Home depot is just a few exits away and open until ten on Sunday, too, which we recently found out.

1 comment:

llum said...

Ay Yah!!!!
Remember...darien is only a phone call away. he is very handy and would love to help out. Oh, count me in too!